“This cold soup recipe is one of my family’s favorites since it has both prebiotics and probiotics,” says Dr. Nihan Altinsoy Duygu of this classic Turkish soup recipe she shared. What’s savory in taste is rich in healthy ingredients, beneficial microorganisms, and culture. To say this isn’t your average soup recipe would be an understatement. This cold soup recipe is an absolute delight, but don’t take our word for it. Try it yourself!
Cold Yogurt Soup
1 cup chickpeas
1 cup wheat berry
½ cup boiled corn
3 cups of yogurt
2 tsp salt
2 cups water
1 tbsp dried mint
4 tbs SCD Essential Probiotics®
- Put the chickpeas and wheat berry in water over night.
- Boil chickpeas and wheat berry together in a pot with 3 cups of water.
- Add corn to water and wait until the water becomes tepid.
- Whisk the yogurt with 1 cup of water, salt, and probiotics.
- Then add the yogurt mixture to the pot. Stir gently.
- Serve cold with dried mint and cucumber.
This yogurt-based cold soup recipe offers the nourishment your body craves, making it something your whole family can feel good about enjoying. It also earned some brownie points for it’s easy-to-prep nature.
Stop by again soon for more tips about cooking with probiotics.