The Pros of Probiotics
The word probiotic means “for life” or “promoting life.” Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. And until recently we didn’t fully appreciate the broad range of benefits that probiotics can have on the human body.
What Are Some Common Benefits of Probiotics?
Some of the conditions for which probiotics are commonly used are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Infectious diarrhea (caused by viruses, bacteria, or parasites)
- Antibiotic-related diarrhea
- Skin conditions, like eczema
- Urinary and vaginal health
- Preventing allergies and colds
- Oral health
For the latest digestive health news, tune into our monthly newsletter!